Sunday, December 7, 2014

Teardown Begins

I've spent a few evenings in the garage disassembling the Mustang. I started from the front and removed the fenders first. To do that, I also removed the grille and lights. After getting them off, I decided to buy new buckets for the headlights as they were pretty badly rusted. Someone had tried to fix them with fiberglass but that just would not do. Luckily Trade Parts had them in storage so it should not take long to get them.


Before fitting in the new fenders, I think I'll try to clean and paint the inner wheel wells. That might need a power washer or stream cleaner. We'll see. After removing most parts from the front, I also disassembled some parts from the rear.


After getting the damaged rear valance off, I also test fitted the new one on. It will need some tweaking but should be usable. I have a lot more parts to get off the car but at least this is a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment